I arrived around 8pm Tokyo time (7am US time) last Friday July 30th, and was slightly beyond zombified. Having traveled through time like Marty McFly in the DeLorean, my body still thought that it was early Friday morning, when the world around me was Friday night. That night I struggled for about 25 mins. to order a pizza because I was just so hungry... but couldn't figure out how to use my Japanese phone in my apartment!! Eventually having sussed out what each mysterious button on my phone did, I was able to dial Pizza Hut.
The pizza I ordered was bacon, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, garlic chips, basil and black pepper. It was delicious! To give you an idea of what a medium pizza costs, it was 2400 Yen
. That roughly translates to $27. Ouch! Fortunately when all you need is some sustenance to put you to sleep, it's reassuring to know that regardless of what continent you may be on fresh and fast pizza is there to the rescue!
Here was a brief video I took when within the 1st hour of my arrival. The view from my balcony, and glimpse of my apartment.
I LOVE your apartment!
ReplyDelete